What's going on with Union Membership in the United States? https://t.co/8enBWttoGZ https://t.co/mzajAT2sYh
NOMINATION RESULTS FOR BIG UNIT NEGOTIATING COMMITTEE
The nomination period for the Big Unit Negotiating Committee closed at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 18, 2019. We received the exact number or less than, the required number of nominations for each of the three bargaining units in the Big Unit.
Since all Committee seats are unchallenged, there will be no election and we will move right to a meeting of the Negotiating Committee next week.
As you are aware, the primary purpose of the Negotiating Committee is to elect the Negotiating TEAM. These are the bargaining unit representatives that will go to the negotiating table during the bargaining cycle, and remain on the Team until the expiration of a negotiated contract.
The President, Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer or their appointee(s), will serve on the TEAMS for the Big Unit and Trades Unit. Below are the members of the Big Unit Negotiating Committee by bargaining unit.
PLEASE NOTE: The current Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer (or their designees) are in the Big Unit and will serve on the TEAM. One additional representative from each bargaining unit will be elected by the Committee members to serve on the Big Unit Negotiating TEAM.
Unit 01 PUBLIC SERVICES (9 out of 9 seats filled):
1. Cecelia Boettcher (Social Services)
2. Sarah Crable (Public Works)
3. Jeremiah Damery (Environmental Health)
4. Alison Haggerty (Social Services)
5. Diana Horn (Social Services)
6. Kelly Michel (Assessor)
7. John Rogers (Information Technology)
8. Ashley Totah (Social Services)
9. Brian Uder (Public Works)
Unit 05 SUPERVISORY (2 out of 2 seats filled):
1. Margaret Kensinger-Klopfer (Library)
2. Sandra Krijakin (Social Services)
Unit 13 CLERICAL (2 out of 6 seats filled):
1. Elaine Jordison (Behavioral Health)
2. Erin Stitch (District Attorney)
ONCE THE NEGOTIATING TEAM IS APPOINTED BY THE NEGOTIATING COMMITTEE, SLOCEA WILL BEGIN THE PROCESS OF SETTING UP NEGOTIATION SESSIONS WITH THE COUNTY.