NEGOTIATING COMMITTEE ANNOUNCEMENT
On June 30, 2022, the MOUs (labor contracts) for Bargaining Unit 02-Trades, Crafts, and Services, the “Big Unit” (Bargaining Units 01-Public Services, 05-Supervisory, and 13-Clerical), and the Los Osos Community Services District Miscellaneous Unit will expire. With negotiations for the successor agreements beginning in the spring, we are requesting nominations for representatives to serve on the three independent Negotiating Committees. The Negotiating Committee’s primary role is to elect a Negotiating Team from among the Committee members. Each Negotiating Team participates in bargaining sessions with your employer’s representatives, working to negotiate the successor MOU.
You may nominate yourself, a co-worker, or any SLOCEA member that meets the following criteria. Prospective candidates must:
- 1)Be willing to serve on the Negotiating Committee.
- 2)Be SLOCEA members in good standing for at least one year at the time of their nomination.
- 3)Be in a classification corresponding to the bargaining unit they wish to be nominated for.
- 4)Submit a Nomination Petition (or have one submitted on their behalf) with the signatures of at least two SLOCEA members from their bargaining unit (nominee’s signature may count toward this requirement).
December 1, 2021 – Nomination period OPENS.
December 10, 2021 – Nomination period CLOSES. Nomination Petitions must be received in the SLOCEA office NO LATER THAN 5 PM on this date.
December 13, 2021 – Elections open. Ballots will be mailed for contested seats.
December 31, 2021 – Elections close.
January 7, 2022 – Ballots for contested seats will be tallied.
- The Big Unit Negotiating Committee will be composed of 9 members from the Public Services Unit, 2 members from the Supervisory Unit, and 6 members from the Clerical Unit.
- The Trades, Crafts, and Services Negotiating Committee will be composed of 9 bargaining unit members representing the diversity of the bargaining unit job classes.
- The Los Osos CSD Miscellaneous Unit Negotiating Committee will be composed of 2 members: one from a “field” classification and one from an “administrative” or “clerical” classification.
Nomination Petitions for each bargaining unit may be found HERE and must be RECEIVED in the SLOCEA office NO LATER than 5 PM December 10, 2021.
Nomination Petitions may be sent via email to email@example.com; fax 805-543-4039; or by US mail or hand delivery to 1035 Walnut St. San Luis Obispo, CA 93401.