MOUs Ratified and BOS Approved
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO VOTED!
Member Vote Results:
Last week ratification ballots were tabulated and SLOCEA members in the Big Unit and Trades Unit overwhelmingly ratified the tentative agreements of their respective MOUs.
Of the ballots returned and counted:
- 94% of the Big Unit voted in favor of ratification
- 89% of the Trades Unit voted in favor of ratification
Board of Supervisors (BOS) Approval:
- SLOCEA's ratification vote results were relayed to County HR
- October 4, 2022, the Board of Supervisors approved the MOUs in a 4-1 vote.
- As per the agreement(s), the MOUs will be implemented in the pay period following BOS approval which begins on October 16, 2022
Retroactive to June 26, 2022 (the start of the July 1st pay period):
- 3% COLA (across the board wage increase)
- 1.08% pension contribution reimbursement
- Equity increases for specified classifications, which the County deemed undermarket
Effective October 16, 2022:
- Step 6 Advancement - for employees that have been at Step 5 for one year or more as of the October 16, 2022 pay period, and with their most recent evaluation rated as overall satisfactory
- Differential pay increases in Standby Duty and Bilingual Pay
- All additional MOU changes as noted in the BOS Staff Report
Reflected In Paychecks:
- Your November 4, 2022 paycheck will include all pay increases noted above