SLO COUNTY SWORN DEPUTIES' ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS SLOCEA EMPLOYEES! https://t.co/HESARlpEZ7
The following benefits and discounts are available only to members of SLOCEA:
- Vote in contract negotiations and elections for the Board of Directors and Negotiating Committee
- Free financial planning through SLOCEA’s benefits coordinator, Eddie Holmes: 544-5311
- Group insurance plans at special low rates
- Discounts at major amusement parks in California, attractions in San Diego and the San Francisco Bay Area, car rentals, hotels, motels, campgrounds through Wild at Work: www.slocea.benefithub.com
- Low-Cost Legal Services Referral Program (For personal matters no necessarly related to public employment)
- SLOCEA Academic Scholarship Program awards up to $3,000 in scholarships for members and their immediate families. There is also a $500.00 scholarship available through WAGE (Working Assembly of Governmental Employees). Click here for WAGE Application & Guidelines.
- The Summer Childcare Reimbursement Program is available to County employees in Bargaining Units 01, 02, 05, 13 or 11 with a child between the ages of 5 and 14. Click here for Application and Guidelines.
- Subscription to our monthly newspaper, The County Blade.
- Your own copy of the current Memorandum of Understanding (contract) for your bargaining unit and the County
- Free Life Insurance Policy (click here for important beneficiary information and application form)
- Ability to apply for emergency funds under the Member’s Benefit Fund.
For SLOCEA members as well as other employees represented in SLOCEA bargaining units, who are not SLOCEA members, we provide the following basic services:
- Confidential consultation on employment related matters
- Individual representation pursuant to SLOCEA's Policy Governing Legal Representation
- Collective Bargaining Representation
In an effort to assist new and continuing students with their academic planning and success, San Luis Obispo County Employees’ Association (SLOCEA) will be awarding up to $4,000 in academic scholarships. The SLOCEA Academic Scholarship is awarded annually to SLOCEA members or members of their immediate family who want to begin or continue their secondary education. Learn More ›
The Summer Childcare Reimbursement Program is available to employees in the Confidential, Trades & Crafts, Public Services, Clerical and Supervisory bargaining units. This reimbursement program is to assist County employees with summer childcare expenses for children five years old who have completed kindergarten through age 14 who have completed eighth grade. Learn More ›
The purpose of this Fund is to provide financial assistance to members in times of an unforeseen personal crisis. The spirit behind the Members’ Benefit Fund is to aid members who have exhausted all other options available to them and are still in need of one-time-only financial assistance. Learn More ›
Every member of SLOCEA receives a FREE $2,000 Life insurance policy as a benefit of membership. This insurance is completely FREE to you. The only requirement is that you fill out the beneficiary form and return it to SLOCEA. Learn More ›
Eddie Holmes, SLOCEA's Benefits Coordinator, provides free Personal Insurance Planning, Financial and Retirement Review, Estate Analysis, and Business Insurance Needs. Learn More ›
SLOCEA members can receive discounted rates on Home and Auto insurance through McGee Insurance Agency. McGee Insurance offers insurance for your home, auto, motorcycle, boat, mobile home, and more. Learn More ›
This program is available exclusively to SLOCEA members and their families and provides for low-cost legal services for assistance on non-work-related legal issues. Learn More ›