The following benefits and discounts are available to members of SLOCEA:
- Confidential consultation on employment related matters
- Individual representation pursuant to SLOCEA's Policy Governing Legal Representation
- Collective Bargaining Representation
- Vote on ratifying a contract during negotiations
- Vote in elections for the Board of Directors and Negotiating Committee
- The Academic Scholarship Program awards up to $5,000 in scholarships for members and their immediate families. See below for guidelines and application.
- WAGE (Working Assembly of Governmental Employees) has a $500.00 scholarship available through SLOCEA . See below for guidelines and application.
- The Summer Childcare Reimbursement Program is available to County employees in Bargaining Units 01, 02, 05, 13 or 11 with a child between the ages of 5 and 14. See below for guidelines and application.
- Subscription to our monthly newspaper, The County Blade.
- Free Death Benefit Special Grant. See below for Recipient Designation Form
- Ability to apply for emergency funds under the Member’s Benefit Fund.
- Free financial planning through SLOCEA’s Financial Advisor, Kevin Teixeira: 805-698-3520
- Group insurance plans at special low rates from Brown Insurance Services
- Discounts at major amusement parks in California, attractions in San Diego and the San Francisco Bay Area, car rentals, hotels, motels, campgrounds through Wild at Work
- Low-Cost Legal Services Referral Program (For personal matters not related to public employment)
VEBA: A BENEFIT FOR ALL SLOCEA REPRESENTED* COUNTY EMPLOYEES
VEBA (Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Association) is a Post Employment Health Plan benefit for all employees* in the Public Services, Trades, Clerical, and Supervisory bargaining units. A $50 contribution is made each month to the employee's VEBA account. Funds can be used for post employment qualifying medical expenses.
Academic Scholarship Learn More ›
The Summer Childcare Reimbursement Program is available to employees in the Confidential, Trades & Crafts, Public Services, Clerical and Supervisory bargaining units. This reimbursement program is to assist County employees with summer childcare expenses for children five years old who have completed kindergarten through age 14 who have completed eighth grade. Learn More ›
The purpose of this Fund is to provide financial assistance to members in times of an unforeseen personal crisis. The spirit behind the Members’ Benefit Fund is to aid members who have exhausted all other options available to them and are still in need of one-time-only financial assistance. Learn More ›
Every member of SLOCEA may enroll in SLOCEA's Special Emergency Grant Program. The only requirement is that you fill out the Recipient Designation form and return it to SLOCEA. Learn More ›
Kevin Teixeira, SLOCEA's Benefits Coordinator, provides free Personal Insurance Planning, Financial and Retirement Review, Estate Analysis, and Business Insurance Needs. Learn More ›
Brown Insurance Services offers group rates on supplemental insurance excusively to SLOCEA members Learn More ›
This program is available exclusively to SLOCEA members and their families and provides for low-cost legal services for assistance on non-work-related legal issues. Learn More ›
SLOCEA offers FREE Notary Public services up to a limit of 3 Notaries per member, per year. Learn More ›
SLOCEA members have exclusive access to various discouts through Wild at Work Learn More ›